BASQUIAT - UNTITLED (1982)
BASQUIAT - UNTITLED (1982)
Jean-Michel Basquiat completed Untitled in 1982 at a time when he was virtually unknown to the art world. Exhibited only in a small group exhibition called Fast at Alexander Milliken Gallery in New York from June-July of that year. The artwork marks a critical moment in the artist’s career, executed in the same year that the artist had his seminal first solo exhibitions at Annina Nosei Gallery in New York and Gagosian Gallery in Los Angeles. Intricate layers of forcefully applied and impastoed oilstick, acrylic, and spraypaint in a spectrum of electric color coalesce in an intensely worked, rich surface that exemplifies Basquiat’s singular command as a master colorist and draftsman. Exploding in a torrent of irrepressible gestural energy that reflects Basquiat’s early beginnings in graffiti, the painting further inaugurated the beginnings of a new mode of figurative painting that took hold of the New York art world in downtown Manhattan in the early 1980s.
Basquiat's virtuosic rendering of a single skull-like head draws many parallels with the artist’s most celebrated works. The artwork is populated with a range of Basquiat’s greatest icons: most remarkably dominated by the complexly detailed anatomical head, the three-pointed crown, and all-over scrawled typography.
Why Kanvas Kingdom?
Are we going to fill that “void” on your wall?
Here is a size guide to help you select the perfect size to take up that blank space on your walls.
- HBHenrietta Bart p.Verified BuyerReviewingAfrican BeautyI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 week agoBeautiful canvas
This is a beautiful piece adds character to my space.. I didn’t frame it yet but I love it
- CBCasey B.Verified BuyerReviewingBanksy Street Art BoyI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoObsessed
It is even better in person. We get compliments on it all the time. So happy with our purchase.Kanvas Kingdom1 month ago
Thanks so much Casey :)
- CCCourtney C.ReviewingOwl Eyes Street ArtI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoOwl eyes gracing my living room.
I had it glass framed and hung in my living room we love it!
- NJNathan J.ReviewingJordan 1 OG Graffiti CanvasI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year ago5 Stars
Amazing piece , i put it in one of the kids room while selling my property ,
The amount of comments at the open homes were crazy ,
Looks better in person and great with a nice frame around it.
- DSDenise S.ReviewingGraffiti HopeI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year ago5 Stars
I Brought My Canvas doing the Pandemic around the time when mask was being talked about needed to be worn and est. The HOPE just touch My Soul. HOPE gave Me aspiration,
And HOPE we all make it through this. That’s why I choose this Piece. The canvas is BEAUTIFUL and looks amazing in the Frame. The size is 80x80